After recently getting huge media attention ( from Fox News to the Ophra Winfrey magazine ), Chia seed's popularity has been growing rapidly. It's incredible nutritional value, originally cultivated by the Aztec, ranks it right on top of every superfood list. What's so incredible about it? Here are a few fast facts:
- It contains twice the omega-3-fatty acids that the Atlantic salmon does
- Chia has 600% more iron than spinach
- Chia seeds contain 6 times more calcium than milk
- It contains 32% of your daily magnesium needs, which is more than broccoli does
- In chia you can find twice the antioxidants you do in blueberries
- Its a great source for soluble and insoluble fiber, which is extremely important for your digestion
- A single serving contains 27+ vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and amino acids
- Chia seeds aid weight loss- their great nutritional value and unique gelling action will keep you full for hours, and also they have the ability to block the absorption of extra calories.
- They provide energy- can you believe that a single tablespoon was enough to sustain an Aztec warrior for a day? Chia seeds provide energy, stamina and endurance thanks to all of the vitamins, minerals, fibers and complete protein they contain. Another reason for having more energy throughout your day is that chia seeds balance your blood sugar.
- Keeps your heart healthy- omega-3-fatty acids are known to protect you from heart diseases and inflammation such as arthritis. These acids are also good for lowering the bad cholesterol and increasing the good one.
- Chia seeds add antioxidants to your diet- as already mentioned, chia seeds contain twice the antioxidants that blueberries contain. Antioxidants can prevent cancer, heart disease, muscle and tissue degeneration, diabetes and many other health problems.
- Good for people with diabetes- Chia Seeds slow the conversion of carbs into sugar, help maintain and lower a healthy blood sugar level, which is very important for anyone with diabetes. Also, it has been shown to reduce cardiovascular risk factors in those people with well-managed type 2 diabetes.
- Other chia seeds benefits include- better bone health, anti-aging, prostate health, hydration maintenance for a longer period, digestive health, reduced menopause symptoms and others
The recommended daily amount of chia seed is two doses of 20 grams each.
Here is a little discussion on Chia seed in Joy's Diet at the Today show:
If you are wondering where to get chia seeds, I have something to recommend- Organic Chia seeds from Digestive Science. There are a few reason I suggest this exact product:
- its pesticide free
- doesn't contain any caffeine, gluten or cholesterol
- no GMO
- its packed in a FDA certified facility
- its 100% organic and vegan
- it offers an risk free 90 day moneyback guarantee
- Digestive Science stands behind a number of great products and has a great reputation
I hope you found my article on chia seeds satisfing. If you have any questions please leave a comment or e-mail me at email@example.com
Find me on Google+
Related posts: 10 Ways To Eat Your Chia Seeds