Green tea is known for several health benefits
- It inhibits the growth of new cancer cells and kills existing cancer cells
- Increases energy expenditure up to 4 percent.
- Prevents the oxidation of LDL cholesterol.
- Reduces the risk of colon, breast, and lung cancer.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Has an anti-inflammatory effect making it a good supplement for those with arthritis.
- Helps in the prevention of tooth decay.
The benefit that we will focus today is weight loss.
Recent studies show that green tea is highly effective in losing weight. It contains a substance called catechins, which increases the rate of your metabolism and suppresses appetite.
Another study was made in order to prove green tea's weight loss benefits. There were two groups of men that had exactly the same meals for 3 months, however, to group one was given a green tea supplement and to group two a placebo. The subjects in both groups didn't incorporate any exercises or other lifestyle changes that would lead to weight loss. The results were:
- Group 1 lost an average of 5,3 ibs in weight
- Group 2 lost and average of 2,3 ibs
So green tea is a great weight loss tool, and thats a fact. But whats the best way to get green tea and include it in your daily diet?
Firs of all, whatever you do, don't drink bottled green tea! It usually contains lots of sugar and other preservatives , that make it unhealthy.
If you intend to rely solely on green tea just go to a local shop that sells high quality organic teas and buy as much as you need (just make sure you calculate your servings right, cause too much green tea will lead to sleeping disorder because of the caffeine it contains).
If you have decided to lose weight I recommend that you read my post 7 Reasons Low Calorie Diets Simply Don't Work. It's a good place to start and it will help you avoid one of the major weight loss mistakes.
Find me on Google+
5 Cellulite Reducing Exercises
Discover What Exactley The Famous Paleo Diet Is
Cellulite-Get rid of it!