Smoking...Do you really need it?
Most fo you would probably answer "No!!!" right?
Well why don't you quit?!
Because I can't!
These are frequently asked questions from non smokers to smokers.
Didn't it seem like it doesn't make any sense? People know they don't need them, however, they seem to be convinced they can't quit. To me this means that they don't really know how much smoking harms them and the people around them. If this is the case than you are about to find out.
According to the National Cancer Instituted, regular cigarettes smoking can result in cancers of the oesophagus, lungs, bladder, kidneys, cervical, oral cavity and pancreas. Also reseasrches show that people who are regularly inhaling while enjoying a cigar are also at greater risk of developing lung disease and heart problems.
The major diseases caused by smoking are :
- Cardiovascular disease-the main cause of death due to smoking
- Coronary thrombosis-causes heart attack
- Cerebral thrombosis-leads to collapse, stroke, paralysis, high blood pressure, kidney failure, gangrene and amputation of legs.
Types of Cancers
- lungs cancer
- bladder cancer
- cancer of the oesophagus
- cancer of the kidneys
- cancer of the pancreas
- cervical cancer
- oral cancer
and many other diseases like importance, reduced blood supply do the skin, hair loss, also each cigarette shortens a smoker's life by up to 11 minutes.
img source: flickr
That information should be of interest to you in case you love yourself. But if thats not the case I got a better reason for you to quit smoking- the harm you are causing the people around you.You probably love somebody right? If not yourself, your family, friends or even your pet?
The environmental tobacco smoke that comes off a cigarette between puffs carries a higher risk than directly inhaled smoke. All secondhand smoke emitted by tobacco products are classified as environmental tobacco smoke. Research indicates that the smoke from cigars and cigarettes releases many of the same types of toxins. Both cigar and cigarette environmental tobacco smoke contain nicotine, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, and ammonia. They also release well-known carcinogens such as vinyl chlorine, benzene, arsenic, hydrocarbons and nitrosamines. Cigars, because of their size, usually release more environmental tobacco smoke than cigarettes. Being around cigar smoke can pose more of a health threat than inhaling secondhand smoke from a cigarette.
Children who grow up in a home where one or both of their parents smoke have twice the risk of getting asthma and asthmatic bronchitis.They also have a higher risk of developing allergies.
Infants under two years old are more prone to severe respiratory infections and cot death.
For adults, passive smoking seems to increase the risk of lung cancer and the risk of heart disease.
Now do you think about quitting?
Before I give you a few tips to stop smoking, I would like to tell you it is so addictive. The reason is the nicotine. Its a highly addictive substance contained in the tobacco. But nicotine is not the only compound that damages your health there are more than 4000 chemicals and at least 400 toxic substance. The 3 most harmful are as I already said nicotine(not only addictive but also increases the cholesterol levels in your body), tar(causes cancer) and carbon monoxide(reduces oxygen in the body).
img source: flickr
So its time for my 10 tips that will help you at the hardest part-the beginning:
- Start your quest at a time and place when you have no other activities that can cause you stress or deviate you from you goal. Maybe going to a vacation is a good idea!
- Tell your family and friends that you are quitting smoking and let them know that you need their help and support!
- Write down the reasons why you smoke and the reasons why you are giving up – put this on the wall in a prominent area!
- Get rid of any reminders about your smoking – cigarettes, matches, lighters, ash trays etc.!
- Get freshened up – stale smoke smells – wash yourself, your hair and your clothes, use perfumes and lotions to make you smell nice again!
- Take the opportunity to clean the room that you usually smoke in – make that room clean and fresh. Banish the smell of stale smoke!
- Steer clear of temptation – avoid places where people smoke – pubs, clubs, social gatherings!
- Tell others that stopping smoking is a good thing, they may stop with you – if others are experiencing what you are then you can support each other- the buddy system is always a good idea!
- Eat healthy, drink lots of water and do some exercises – get into “healthy mode” – make this a permanent lifestyle change!
- Keep your mouth clean and fresh – throughout the day use a mint mouthwash or brush your teeth several times – this can really help you feel fresh and avoid the temptation of spoiling it by smoking!
These are 10 simple measures that will help but remember it is up to you and your WILL. Motivate your self!
And if you think its too hard and you need some help, I suggest you look for a nicotine craving relief product. Look for something that contains natural ingredients, is easy to use and also fights the symptoms of nicotine craving like insomnia, increased appetite, cold sweats, body aches, anxiety and others. Some of the most important natural ingredients such a product should contain are:
- Black Spruce
- Avena (oates)
- Nux Vomica ( Poison Nut)
The solution I would recommend is Miracet. Its been on the market for as long as 15 years and has an excellent reputation. Its a very easy to use spray. You just spray under your tongue twice and thats all. I also like the fact that it has a 90 days money back guarantee which not only removes the risk but also shows that to company has confidence in the product.
To see some more info about it click here.
If you have any questions please leave a comment or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me on Google+
Smoking Causes Hair Loss